Saturday, January 8, 2011

Tip Neary - Magic Goddess


Finally, I’m back to more familiar territories: warmer weather, grey cloudy sky – well the Sun has not been out much at all today – Anaheim Blvd, those stupid and ugly CPP flags flopping next the former UCC building, Mexican-Spanish conversations in the street. Yup, I’m back in Long Bich, my home, alright!

As much as I want to enjoy the mild outdoor weather, I am instead peering at bare branches adorning the trees in the empty parking lot outside my windows. I guess work has to come first although it’s clearly a Saturday. To brighten up my dreary day, I decided to put on some Khmer oldies songs while I drown myself in a sea of numbers to crunch.

While Sin Sisamouth and Ros Serey Sothea are undeniably the king and queen of Khmer oldie songs, I would like to re-introduce other singers whom I also enjoyed very much over time: Meas Hok Seng, Huoy Meas, Pen Ran, Im Song Seum. Last week, I posted the song “Kok Heur Ter Eng” interpreted by Ms. Chhun Vanna, today, I would like to share with you the same song interpreted by Mr. Meas Hok Seng.

Meas Hok Seng (Top right) and Huoy Meas (Bottom left)

Im Song Seum (L) and Huoy Meas (R) as I remembered her from my childhood
Meas Hok Seng – Kok Heur Ter Eng (The lonely flying stork)

0 comments:

Post a Comment